To ensure that your vacuum cleaner is in good shape and works optimally, you should make sure that its filters are rid of dirt of any kind. vacuum cleaners come in different models. Each one of these models has a unique filtering system.
Because of the different mechanisms of these models, you should carefully check the instruction manual that comes with the particular model before making use of the appliance. This is necessary because some of these filtering systems can be washed without the risk of injury in the process, while some others are disposable after use. So, it is essential that you take good care of your filters so that they run well with your vacuum cleaner.
Vacuum cleaners that use vacuum bags tend to have quite a lot of filters. It is important that you keep your Plastic filters clean by using a piece of cloth or mild brush. And you should use water to thoroughly clean the Foam filters located at the exhaust air. However, these filters must be properly dried, before putting them back into the vacuum cleaner.
As you read on, you will discover more quite useful suggestions on how you can sustain the health of your vacuum cleaner or hoover.
Ways to Keep your Vacuum Cleaner in Good Working Condition
Maintaining your vacuum cleaner on a regular basis using some fundamental maintenance guidelines could likely spare you the money and time spent on repairs in the long run.
You should carefully handle the vacuum cord
It is wrong to draw out the plug at the same time with the cord. It is also not proper to use the automatic rewind when you see that the cord is twisted.
Often check the vacuum bags
Since there is always the possibility of vacuum bags filling beyond the normal level, you should make certain that the bag is replaced before it fills up to the top. Failure to do so can deprive the vacuum cleaners that suction to function properly. More so, you should not recycle paper bags as their pores can be obstructed after making use of them. This of course can make the vacuum motor to heat up beyond accepted levels in the process of attempting to spread the air.
Regularly check the Vacuum hose for any extraneous material that may fall into it by accident
Sometimes, you cannot rule out the likelihood of hoses getting obstructed by such foreign objects as coins, little toys, socks, etc. The wise thing to do should you observe that your vacuum cleaner is not working well as it used to, is to examine or check the hose by using a long and thin object like a broom handle to pass through it.
Here is how you can maintain the parts of a Vacuum Cleaner
Endeavor to examine the floor head for any obstruction
The floor head, otherwise known as the power head or beater bar represents one of the important components of a vacuum cleaner that should not ignored. This flat attachment is located at the bottom of the hose which touches the floor. This component part helps to ascertain whether it is blocked with dust or trash. You can do this simply by upturning the head and look beneath it so that you can clean it up.
You should unlock the floor head
It is important that you take out the bottom plate from the floorhead with the help of a screwdriver. And for every clips or screws removed, you should be able to identify each one of them and remember to replace each screw. Exercise caution in removing the brush roll at one terminal or end, while also keeping in mind what direction to turn it to when you put it back.
Try to get rid of the rubbish
When learn that such extraneous substances like threads, feathers, or hair should be removed so that they do not envelope or cloak the brush roll. You may keep a pair of scissors within your reach, in case it dishevels or messes up.
You should ensure that the roll rotates well
If you notice that the brush roll is not rotating well, simply remove the screws on the end caps and find out if any debris has accumulated inside the bearings. Also make sure that you change the brush roll, regularly if need be. While doing so on a regular basis can spare you unnecessary expenses of fixing your vacuum cleaner.
Examine the condition of the vacuum belt
You can find the vacuum belt above the brush roll. Routine checkups can be done by taking out the bottom plate and by putting a finger beneath the belt. You are doing this so as to ascertain or check whether it is still maintaining its firmness. When you observe there are drooping cracks, or any noticeable deterioration on the belt, that could indicate that you should change it for a new one. All the same, it is how frequently you make use of your vacuum belt that will determine whether it needs to replace regularly.
Five Precautionary Steps to Take While Cleaning up the Vacuum Cleaner
- First, before conducting any routine clean ups on your vacuum cleaner, make an effort to frequently disconnect the plug of the vacuum. This is because sometimes you might inadvertently run into a switch which can disrupt the functionality of the accessories of the vacuum cleaner. And you could risk hurting yourself in the process by electrical shocks.
- Second, there are times when your vacuum cleaner would suddenly start malfunctioning. This is possibly caused by overheating. To address this problem, make sure that you disconnect and unplug the vacuum cleaner. Allow it to cool off for about half an hour before using it one more time. Again, if you observe that the problem is still persisting, then you may have to consult a vacuum cleaner technician for possibly to fix the problem.
- Third, always keep an eye on your vacuum in order to detect any unusual sound and to ascertain how well or bad it is working.
- Fourth, it is worth reiterating again, the need for routine examination of the component parts of hoover. Because it will go along away in saving you the money for unnecessary vacuum repairs. As the saying goes, a stitch in time saves nine.
- Lastly, you should bear in mind that this article provides some basic tips for maintaining and taking care of your vacuum cleaner. You could have a lot more useful tips, if you take the time to carefully read the manufacturer’s instruction manual to direct or guide you on its general use. This is particularly helpful when you need to replace the vacuum part with a spare part or take it out for clean up.
To sum it up, by simply observing basic, routine maintenance and putting them into practice would not only make your vacuum cleaner to be more productive, healthy and efficient, but could also guarantee the durability of your appliance and tend to make it worth every of your penny spent on purchasing it in the first place. The question is, would you rather not take any practical advice that would not only guarantee the healthiness of your vacuum cleaner but also help you forestall avoidable problems to your hoover?