Home is the place where we all come to get relaxed after the end of our full hectic day. But, what if this relaxing and calming place remains to be a messy one? You will get irritated and will hate your home. Keeping your home clean is always a challenging task whether you are a housewife or a working woman. You can’t cover your rooms, stairs or kitchen with a plastic bag or you can’t train your kids or pets to not to explore the area.
Most efficient way to clean a house
Some people apply the strategy of dividing their house into sections like kitchen, rooms, lobby, staircase etc. If you follow the same strategy then you can go through the following points to make your task easy.
- Kitchen Section: Kitchen is the most important and core of any house. Hygiene is the most crucial thing to be maintained in this room.
Spills often happen while working in the kitchen the best routine to clean your kitchen in less time is remove the spills as soon as they occur if you don’t do like this then later you have to spend more time in rubbing and removing those spills as they will get stick to the floor. “Marla Cilley” mentioned in her book that always start cleaning the kitchen from sink as it is the basis for hygiene. After this manage all the stuff to their places and wipe sink, counters, stove top etc. At the end mop the floor and then you will get a neat and clean kitchen.
- Bedroom Section: The germs and allergens in your bedroom can easily get you sick so it is very crucial to clean the bedrooms from top to bottom. The first main thing to do is set your bed. This will clean a maximum percentage of your bedroom. The second thing is to pick the mats or carpets and brush the dust off them or put them outside the room to make space for cleaning and after cleaning you can put them back. Pick your toys, clothes and put them into the cupboards, pick the shoes and place them in shoe rack. When you have all your things to their own places then this is the time to mop or vacuum your room.
- Cleaning Toilets: Yuk! Cleaning toilets is a very yucky part of cleaning home process but it is very crucial according to the hygiene point of view. So it is very necessary to keep toilet cleaning as your daily routine. There are a lot of toilet cleaners available which make this task very easy. All you need to do is cover your hands with thick plastic or rubber gloves and your mouth with a mask.
Spatter the toilet cleaner along the sides of your toilet bowl and over the seat. Then wait for 2-3 minutes and let the toilet cleaner kill the germs then rub the whole bowl and seat with toilet cleaning brush. Flush the toilet and wash the bowl and seat with two three big splashes of water. And you will get germ free sparkling toilet for your bathroom.
- Staircase: Use a soft broom to clean your stairs and mop them by following the top to bottom approach which means that clean the topmost step first and then come down towards the last one. If your stairs are painted then you can use microfiber cloth and if they are wooden then you can use soap based on vegetable oil. Mix the soap in Luke warm water and dip the mop into it to gently clean the stairs.
- Living Areas: You can clean your living area according to the type of floor. If the floor is covered with carpet then you can use vacuum and if it is wooden or tile then broom them and then mop. Dust all the furniture and other showpieces with the help of a clean and soft cloth/fabric and cleaning solutions available in the market. You can use glass cleaners, wood polish to sparkle your furniture.
- Outdoor Cleaning: Making your home clean does not include only indoor cleaning but outdoor cleaning too. That means you must clean the outer area too which includes lawn, greenbelt, garage etc. Broom your outside area or wash it with running water. Use a leaf blower to remove the dry leaves fallen from the plants or trees.
Tip to lower the Burden of cleaning the home task:
Assigning the task: If you live with family and you are not alone then cleaning must not be a task for you only. You can divide and assign the tasks to your family members according to their efficiency. Like washing clothes and dishes to your husbands, ha ha ha! Yes, they are best fit for it, Picking toys and other things to the kids and the cleaning the garage or bathrooms to the teenagers. By following this strategy you can lessen the work load from your shoulders.
As home is a place where we do everything, spend our whole life and our emotions are attached with it, so we must spend some time to clean it which can make it a sweet home.