Cleaning the toilet bowl is a very challenging task. Let’s admit that most of us hate cleaning the toilet bowl. In fact, we don’t hear someone who enjoys cleaning it. But, cleaning it is actually an easy task. There are just few simple tips you need to follow to make it clean.
First, you need to know the things you need to clean the toilet bowl:
- Disposable gloves
- Toilet brush
- Paper towels or disposable cloths
- Disposable scrub or sponge
After having the things you need, you may start doing the following steps:
Remove things around the toilet bowl
It will be easier for you to clean the toilet bowl if there are no things that distract you from doing it. Clear the area by trashing all that no longer in use and put in another place the things that are cluttered around it. By doing this, it will be easier for you to scrub the toilet bowl and it will protect other objects from being contaminated with germs.
Clean the exterior of the toilet
First, use hot water to clean and wipe the exterior part of the toilet using a disposable cloth, towel, scrub or sponge. Spray the exterior part using disinfectant cleaner. Then, wipe it using a cloth that is intended for this use. Make sure you don’t reuse or use the cloth or towel on other area.
Then, clean the toilet lid and the other parts of the toilet bowl. Make sure not to skip cleaning other parts that look clean. You should clean the entire toilet bowl. Keep in mind that germs and bacteria are not visible, they can appear anywhere even on areas you thought are clean. The toilet seat may look clean but you should clean it more because it is what people have direct contact with.
Clean the interior of the toilet bowl
Now that the exterior of your toilet bowl is clean, it’s time to clean the inside of it. You should have a special toilet bowl cleaner that is intended for the interior of the toilet bowl. This kind of toilet bowl cleaner has extra and special chemicals to remove stains.
Apply an amount of the cleaner on the interior of the toilet bowl. Make sure you read the instructions on how to use the toilet cleaner. Some cleaners require some time to soak on the toilet bowl for it to work. Then, start cleaning it using a toilet brush or scrub.
You may need to pour water on it from time to time or use the flush to check if there are stains left. But, keep in mind that you should clean all parts of the toilet bowl as much as possible. You may add additional toilet cleaner if needed.
If stains still remain, you may buy a rust removing product from your local stores.
These are the easy tips to follow in cleaning a toilet bowl. But, there are few things you have to keep in mind:
- If you are using a commercial toilet bowl cleaner, you should use it only to clean your toilet bowl and not to any parts of the toilet. There are cleaners that are designed to clean a specific area of the toilet. There are those that are for the exterior part of the toilet bowl and there are some that are for the interior part of the toilet bowl.
- Read and follow instructions to know the safety and precautions and to know how long the cleaner has to sit on the toilet bowl
- When cleaning the toilet bowl you are in contact with germs and harmful chemicals. So, avoid splashing some to your skin, mouth or eyes. Wear appropriate gloves and slippers and avoid talking.
- You should not reuse disposable cloths or paper towels on other areas. Those that you use for the exterior part should not be used on the interior part and vice versa.
These are the simple guidelines you should apply in cleaning your toilet bowl easily.